You simply have to try this chocolate bundt cake. It is an easy chocolate cake recipe made with cake mix plus a few additional ingredients that take a box mix to the next level. This cake turns out beautifully moist and rich, with the perfect amount of chocolate sweetness. It does not need a frosting or glaze – although you could definitely frost this cake if you wanted. I think chocolate, vanilla or caramel frosting would work deliciously.
Nordic Ware sent me a unique square bundt pan from their Platinum Collection. I couldn’t bear to frost this cake because I wanted to show off all the unique details. The Bundt Squared Pan ($50, NordicWare.com) creates an amazing cake shape with lines and ridges. It looks so cool, doesn’t it? Everyone who saw the cake (before we devoured it!) admired it and of course asked me how in the world I was able to bake a cake shaped like this. The secret to a perfect bundt cake is definitely with a Nordic Ware pan.
Triple Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 1 Devil’s Food Cake Mix (15.25 oz)
- 1 Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix (5.9 oz)
- 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Miniature Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 4 Large Eggs, Beaten
- 1/2 cup Water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously coat the bundt cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour cake batter into a bundt pan.
3. Bake for 1 hour 5 minutes or until cake is done in the middle. *Note: Check cake for done-ness around 50-55 minutes. See notes below for helpful baking hints and tips to use with this recipe.
4. Allow cake to cool in pan for one hour before transferring to cake plate.
Featured Products: Nordic Ware Bundt Squared Pan and Nordic Ware Medium Prep Bowl
Cake Baking Hints and Tips:
- This cake batter will be stiff. It is okay to use a spoon or spatula to spread it evenly into the cake pan.
- My cake rose up over the top lip of the cake pan – but did not spill out.
- At 50 minutes, my cake needed more time to bake in the middle, but I did not want it to get overbaked or burn on the outside. So, I covered the top of the cake with a layer of foil and returned it to the oven for 15 more minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the middle showed it was done.)
We served this delicious chocolate cake for dessert to a crowd of family members. The entire cake was gone before the night was over! My kids started begging me to make another one so they could eat it the next day. It’s safe to say this triple chocolate bundt cake recipe was a hit with everyone.
Do you love chocolate cake? Have you baked with Nordic Ware? Let me know what you think of the cake I made with the Bundt Squared Pan in the comments below.