This is the best chocolate chip pumpkin cookies recipe I have ever made. The cookies turn out soft, but not puffy and cake-like. Not that anything is wrong with puffy, cake-like cookies…but for purposes of this pumpkin chip cookie recipe, I wanted more of an average-sized cookie so no one (meaning me) would need to feel too guilty about eating more than one (or three) cookies at a time. I use my cookie scoop to help me make cookies the same size for even baking.
You can adjust the sweetness by switching out the kind of chocolate chips in the recipe. Milk chocolate chips will be sweeter than the semi-sweet chips. I like using mini chocolate chips so that there’s just a little bit of chocolate in every bite. Regular-sized chocolate chips will work just fine in this recipe, too.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
Makes about 36 cookies
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 egg
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 10 ounces mini chocolate chips (*can sub regular size chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use a mixer to combine pumpkin, egg, oil and sugar.
2. In a separate mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix well.
3. In a small bowl, dissolve baking soda in milk and set aside.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients from Step 2 to the ingredients mixture in Step 1 and mix until thoroughly blended. Add baking soda/milk mixture and vanilla, and mix all until blended.
5. Fold the chocolate chips into the cookie batter. Drop cookies by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet and bake in 350 degree oven for 12-14 minutes or until cookies begin to brown.
6. Remove cookies from oven and allow to cool 2 minutes on sheet, then transfer to cooling rack.
Click to download a printable version of this Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies Recipe.
What are your favorite pumpkin desserts? If you make cookies, I hope you’ll come back and leave a comment letting me know how this cookie recipe turned out for you.