Before we get to the deviled egg recipe, we have to hard boil some eggs. I don’t know about you, but I get a little nervous every time I have to hard boil eggs. I have accidentally undercooked them in the past. The worst part about undercooking eggs is that once you crack them open to find out, it’s too late to do anything about it. Banish undercooked hardboiled eggs forever with this easy method!
How To Hard Boil an Egg:
- Place eggs in a single layer in saucepan.
- Add enough water to completely cover eggs by at least one inch.
- Bring water to a boil; Cover.
- Remove saucepan from heat; Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain eggs and immediately place in a bowl of ice water.
- Allow eggs to cool completely, changing water if necessary.
A perfectly hardboiled egg will be firm and yellow in the middle, without a greenish tinge.
Now that you know how to get your hard boiled eggs done just right, you need an easy deviled egg recipe. This Spicy Deviled Egg recipe is ready in minutes, and is just the thing to serve at your spring parties. MIRACLE WHIP gives this recipe a sweet and tangy flavor that turns ordinary deviled eggs into something extraordinary.
SPICY DEVILED EGG RECIPE
PREP TIME: 15 min. | TOTAL TIME: 15 min. | MAKES: 24 servings
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 2/3 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 2 tsp. GREY POUPON Dijon Mustard
- 1 jalapeño peppers, seeded & finely diced
- CUT eggs lengthwise in half. Remove yolks; place in medium bowl. Mash with fork.
- ADD remaining ingredients; mix well.
- SPOON into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Garnish with additional jalapeno slices, if desired.
Not sure how to put the filling into your deviled eggs? No problem! Simply spoon the egg yolk mixture into small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small corner from the bottom of bag and use it to pipe filling into egg white halves.
Just for fun, I arranged my spicy deviled eggs to look like a flower using sliced black olives, green onion stems and spinach leaves. Then I tried making butterflies, too. Those were easy – I just used a jalapeno pepper for the body and used the deviled eggs as butterfly wings.
What’s your favorite way to eat a hardboiled egg? Will you be making deviled eggs for any upcoming gatherings?