I love the rustic look of my inexpensive burlap table runner. It goes with just about any decor. But it looks a little plain for Easter decorations, so I thought I should stencil some bunnies on it. I decided to use white paint for the bunnies. I think it could also look really cute using pastel paint colors like pink, yellow, and blue.
Don’t have a bunny stencil? No problem! Neither did I – so I made one. You can download the Bunny Stencil I used and print it out on cardstock. It is a temporary stencil that will hold up long enough to get this Bunnies and Burlap Table Runner done. But if you need to make another one – it’s easy peasy to print and cut out as many as you need.
How to make the Bunny Stencil:
1. Print out the Bunny Stencil (linked above) onto thick cardstock. Note: There are 2 bunnies on the stencil, but I ended up just needing to cut out and use one.
2. Use a craft knife (I used an Exacto knife) to cut out around the edges of the bunny. Once you have gone all the way around, remove the bunny cut-out and you will have a cardstock stencil.
DIY Bunnies and Burlap Table Runner Directions:
Materials Needed: White Acrylic Paint, Paper Plate, Bunny Stencil, Burlap Table Runner. Foam Brush or Sponge
Before you get started: You’ll probably want to put down a protective layer underneath where you will be painting.
1. Pour a small amount of paint onto a paper plate and load your foam brush or sponge with paint.
2. Decide where you want to begin your stenciled bunny pattern and lay the stencil on the burlap table runner. Hold the stencil firmly in place with one hand while you gently apply white paint with the foam brush, using up and down dabbing motions to sponge it on. You can apply a heavy layer of paint for a more pronounced look, or apply a thin layer for a more faded look.
3. Carefully lift the bunny stencil straight up and place it down where you want the next bunny to be painted. Repeat the pattern all the way around the table runner (or in whatever pattern you desire).
4. Allow paint to dry completely. Your Easter table runner is finished!
I hope you enjoy your Bunnies and Burlap table runner as much as I do! If you have any questions about how to make this DIY table runner, please let me know in the comments section below. I’m happy to help.
I got my burlap table runner online at Amazon, but I have seen them for around $5-10 at Walmart and craft stores.