Now is a great time to stock up on OREO cookies. OREO coupons plus Ibotta cash back means you pay just $1.98 for a package of OREO cookies at Walmart!
My family loves to eat OREO cookies any time of year, but they are the key ingredient in our Thanksgiving OREO cookie turkeys. Plus, we always set out a plate of OREO cookies for Santa Claus on Christmas Eve (see below for photos.) I like to save money, especially at the holidays, so I am definitely taking advantage of this deal on OREO cookies.
What to look for at Walmart stores: An OREO cookies display with 50-cents off OREO coupon stickers on the front of the packages. Save even more with this Ibotta offer.
If you don’t think you’ll be able to eat your OREO cookies before their best by date, no worries! Store your extra OREO cookies in the freezer until you need them. I do this all the time! They taste exactly the same once they thaw.
Sidenote: I know a lot of people who LOVE to eat OREO cookies while they are frozen, so they always keep their cookies in the freezer instead of on the shelf. You should try a frozen OREO cookie one of these days (it’s so good!)
[Tweet “How to Freeze OREO Cookies – Tips at @momfindsout”]
No matter how you like to eat your OREO cookies, I think you’ll enjoy these tips for freezing OREO cookies. It means you can go ahead and pick up a few – or a lot – of extra packages of OREO cookies when they go on sale. Keep some cookies out to enjoy now, and freeze the rest for later.
5 Tips for Freezing OREO Cookies
- Put OREO cookie packages inside airtight, freezer-safe containers or resealable freezer bags before placing them in the freezer. This will help prevent the cookies from absorbing any freezer odors and keep them from getting freezer burn.
- Or, you can remove OREO cookies from the original packaging and put them in freezer bags or airtight freezer-safe containers.
- When you are ready to use your frozen OREO cookies, remove the package (or bag) from the freezer and allow it to thaw at room temperature for about 1-2 hours. The length of time it takes will depend on the temperature of your room.
- Handle frozen OREO cookies gently so they don’t break.
- Although frozen cookies can be stored indefinitely, it is probably best to thaw and use them within 8 months from freeze date. Of course, we’re talking about OREO cookies here, so I doubt this will be a problem!
Are you ready to snack and save? Head to your local Walmart, where you will find OREO cookies on sale in packages with 50-cents off OREO coupons on them. Use the OREO coupons at check out and earn additional 50 cents cash back with this Ibotta offer. Learn more about OREO at www.OREO.com
OREO Cookie Turkey
One of my most pinned posts is inspired by Disney’s FROZEN movie: Sparkling OREO Pops. You can easily make chocolate covered OREOs in Elsa, Anna and Olaf’s favorite colors!