I recently learned this easy party idea and just had to share it with you. It’s an easy way to serve drinks, especially milk. Once you see how easy it is to put sprinkles around the rim of a glass, you’ll want to try it for yourself.
This is a foolproof method. I promise.
What You’ll Need:
- Drinking glasses
- 2 bowls or containers that are bigger around than the rims of your drinking glasses
- Chocolate chips (any kind, any color)
- Pour a cup of sprinkles into a bowl and set aside.
- Pour a cup of chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolate chips by heating them for 30 seconds, then stirring. Repeat this as long as necessary until the chips are melted. It took mine about 2 minutes total.
- Take one of your glasses and place it, rim first in the melted chocolate. You want to cover the inner and outer rim of the glass with a thin layer of chocolate.
- Remove the glass from the chocolate and place it, rim first, into the bowl of sprinkles. You may need to use a spoon (or your fingers) to help get the chocolate covered up with sprinkles.
- Once the rim is covered with sprinkles, set your glass (bottom down this time) aside and allow the chocolate to harden. It doesn’t take long, just a few minutes. The sprinkles stay in place, thanks to the chocolate!
- Repeat until all of your glasses have sprinkles around the rim.
To serve: Carefully pour your beverage into the glass. Try not to disturb the sprinkles. Don’t worry if you lose a few. It will still look cute!
Tip: Make your sprinkle-rimmed glasses in small batches so the melted chocolate doesn’t have the chance to cool and harden before you are finished dipping.