You won’t believe how easy it is to make these spooky Halloween treats! Whip up a big batch of Yummy Mummy Marshmallow Pops for your Halloween party this year. Use cellophane treat bags to package the pops and give out as individual treats.
I picked a Mummy character specifically because it’s simple – anyone can make a mummy! It takes just one color of Wilton Candy Melts and no special candy decorating skills. You can dip marshmallows in chocolate and stick on the candy eyeballs, I know you can!
There’s a little Halloween trick to drizzling the mummy with melted chocolate. You’ll use a Ziploc baggie with one of the bottom corners snipped off at the tip. It’s easy to do, too. You’ll have a big bunch of marshmallow Mummies ready to party in no time.
What You’ll Need:
- Cake Pop Sticks or Paper Straws
- Large Marshmallows (not the Mini Marshmallows)
- Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- Wilton Candy Eyeballs
- Ziploc Bag and Scissors
- Baking Sheet lined with waxed paper or nonstick silicone sheet
Directions (makes 12 mummy marshmallow pops)
- Melt 2 cups Wilton Candy Melts in a microwaveable bowl in 30 second increments; stirring in between. It took me about 2 minutes to get the candy melts completely melted using the microwave method.
- Take a paper straw and dip the tip (about 1/4 inch) into the candy melts, then insert the straw into the bottom middle area of a marshmallow. Stick it in about halfway up the marshmallow. Set aside on the baking sheet and allow the candy melts time (a few minutes) to set inside the marshmallow. This will keep the marshmallow stuck on the straw. You can even do a bunch of these and set them in the refrigerator for 10 minutes so they can set faster.
- Once the straws are set, dip each marshmallow in the candy melts to cover it completely. Work quickly (before the candy melts re-harden) to stick 2 candy eyeballs to each marshmallow, where you want the Mummy eyes to be. Allow candy melts to set (harden) completely. You can speed up the process by putting them on a baking sheet in the fridge.
- Use scissors to snip one of the bottom corners of a Ziploc baggie completely off at the tip. This will create a tiny hole at the corner, allowing you to use the Ziploc bag as an icing bag. Re-melt the candy melts, adding more candy melts if needed, to make about 1/2 a cup of melted candy melts. Spoon the melted melts into the Ziploc bag and zip the top.
- Use the Ziploc as an icing bag: Lightly squeeze the Ziploc bag so a thin stream of candy melts comes out of the tiny hole you created in step 4. Drizzle the Mummy marshmallows with candy melts, zigzagging back and forth to look like a mummy’s wrappings.
- Allow the candy melts to set and the mummy pops are done!
Serving at a party? Fill a mason jar or similar container with Halloween candy or candy corn. Stick your marshmallow pops in the jar – the candy should keep things in place so the pops stand up in the jar.
Watch the quick video tutorial for How to Make Marshmallow Pops (Mummy Pops)