This all-time favorite Chex party mix has gone into Baby Mode! If you are planning a baby shower, you will want to include this Muddy Buddy recipe. By the way, you may call this kind of mix Chex Puppy Chow or Puppy Food. Puppy Chow, Muddy Buddies, Puppy Food, it’s all the same delicious thing! Everyone loves it. Who can resist the sweetness of a chocolate and peanut butter Chex mix?
Chex Muddy Buddies are a quick and easy party snack, and you can make them perfect for a boy or girl baby shower using blue or pink candies. I mixed up batches of both so you could see just how cute they can be. You won’t believe how easy it can be to pull together these colorful baby shower snacks – even at the last minute.
Are you on Muddy Buddies Team Pink or Team Blue?
Serving tip: Fill pink (or blue) cupcake wrappers with Chex Muddy Buddies. Use a tiered cupcake stand to create a decorative display on the refreshment table. Everyone will be impressed at the color-coordinated Chex mix!
Chex Muddy Buddies Recipes for Baby Showers
Pink and blue baby shower food ideas made simple with Chex Muddy Buddies Recipes! Use PINK for a girl, BLUE for a boy. Prep time: 15 minutes Ready in: 15 minutes
- 9 cups Rice Chex or Corn Chex (or a combination of both)
- 1 1/2 cups white vanilla baking chips (*sub chocolate or peanut butter chips if you want!)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons PINK or BLUE edible glitter (sprinkles)
- 1/4 cup PINK or BLUE jimmies sprinkles
- 1/2 cup PINK or BLUE and white candy-coated chocolate candies
*Note: I could not find all-Pink or all-Blue jimmies sprinkles, so I left them out. I also used only pink and blue (no white) Sixlets candy-coated chocolate candies. I used a mix of Rice and Corn Chex cereals.
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwaveable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar, edible glitter and sprinkles. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Stir in chocolate candies. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Have you ever made Chex Muddy Buddies? What is your favorite add-in for a Muddy Buddies recipe? Let us know your Muddy Buddy tips and tricks in the comments below.