This candy lei tutorial shows you how to make an edible Peeps necklace. Use your favorite Peeps to make a colorful Easter candy lei necklace.
How to Make a PEEPS Necklace
Easter Candy Lei Tutorial
1. On a flat surface, unroll a length of plastic cling wrap. I used about about a yard (3 feet) long for a child’s candy necklace. For a longer necklace, increase the length of plastic cling wrap.
2. Place Peeps on the cling wrap, about 1-2 inches apart, all the way down the length of the cling wrap.
3. Fold the cling wrap over the Peeps, being careful to keep each Peep separated by a space. Fold the cling wrap over again so that no Peeps can fall out of the cling wrap.
4. Tie a length of tulle (about 6-8 inches long) in a knot between each Peep.
5. Tie a length of tulle (several inches long) to one end of the candy lei. This will be used to tie to the other end of the candy lei to make it a complete circle, so it can be worn as a necklace.
Once I figured out how easy it is to make candy necklaces, I began finding all sorts of ways to use them. So far, I have made blue and gold candy leis for Cub Scouts and jelly bean candy leis. Kids love them (of course – why wouldn’t they love a sweet candy necklace!) I am working on more lei ideas, too – so be sure to watch for me to share lei tutorials with you in upcoming blog posts.
What kinds of candy would you put in your candy leis? For what kinds of occasions could you make candy necklaces? Share your ideas in the comments below.