Mom Always Finds Out is a Good Cook Kitchen blogger received Good Cook products to help me create this popcorn balls marshmallow recipe. All opinions expressed are my own. This blog post may contain affiliate links.
We eat a lot of popcorn at my house. A lot! Sometimes I think we have four meals a day: breakfast, lunch, dinner and popcorn. Popcorn balls are a fun way to make everyone’s favorite snack into a special treat. I received a Good Cook Popcorn Baller to help me.
I wanted to make a popcorn ball that my kids would want to eat and that I could put in bags for bake sales, party favors, and Halloween treats. We found out that colorful Mini M&M-covered popcorn balls are irresistible and delicious!
You can use any kind of popcorn to make these. We love to pop popcorn on the stove at our house, but microwave popcorn works just as well. If your kids love crispy rice treats made with marshmallows, they are going to love these marshmallow popcorn balls!
What You’ll Need:
Makes 6 full size popcorn balls
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- Mini Marshmallows (10 ounce bag)
- Mini M&Ms (about half of a large bag)
- 3 T. butter
optional: Cake Pop Sticks
- Melt 3 T. butter and Mini Marshmallows in a large saucepan on medium low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Add popped popcorn and stir until popcorn is completely covered.
- Work quickly for this next part because you need the marshmallow popcorn mixture to be warm enough to mold into shape. Use your hands or a Good Cook Popcorn Baller to shape one cup of popcorn mixture into a ball. Roll in Mini M&Ms until covered. You may need to press M&Ms onto the popcorn ball to help them stay in place. Place each ball on a cookie sheet.
- Optional: Push a cake pop stick into the center of the popcorn ball.
- Allow the popcorn balls to cool until they are set. Now they are ready to eat! Once the popcorn balls have cooled enough to keep their shape, you can put them into individual treat bags or store in an airtight container.
Tip: Spray your hands and popcorn baller with nonstick cooking spray before shaping the popcorn balls – the marshmallow mixture can be super sticky while it is warm.
Are you craving popcorn balls right now? It’s easy to make them with a Good Cook Popcorn Baller ($7.99, GoodCook.com). Use promo code POPCORN to receive 25% off Popcorn Ballers at GoodCook.com.
See more special offers, recipes and news from Good Cook when you follow @GoodCookCom on Twitter. Be sure to watch for hashtags #GoodCookCom and #GoodCookKitchenExprt.
You can also read about 3 Delicious Ways To Make Popcorn Balls at the Good Cook blog.