A few weeks ago, I was looking for a homemade granola recipe and came across Winter Granola at The Marathon Mom’s blog. Her recipe is delicious for snacks! I have already made it again several times, tweaking the ingredients a little bit so that I can enjoy this granola as a breakfast cereal with milk (hot or cold).
Try this recipe – you will love it! Store in an airtight container.
Coconut-Pecan-Cranberry Granola Recipe
- 3 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup pecans – coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter (*I use coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 Craisins (optional)
- In a large bowl combine oats, coconut and nuts.
- In a saucepan combine brown sugar, coconut oil, honey and cinnamon; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat. Spread on a large shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cool. Add craisins.