If you like to keep your everyday jewelry handy, you need a jewelry catch-all dish. It is so simple to turn mini terracotta pots and saucers into an inexpensive and colorful DIY Jewelry Holder.
Pictured: Monogram Necklace and Earrings by oNecklace
I love how this super cute tiered jewelry catch-all turned out. It’s the perfect size for me to set on the bathroom or kitchen counter. Whenever I need to take off my rings (or earrings, etc.) I put them there for temporary safe-keeping.
I thought about gluing the mini terracotta pots upside down on the saucers, but decided to keep them right side up so I could put smaller jewelry inside the terracotta pot on top. The jewelry holder is stable either way. Which way would you place the pots on the saucers?
DIY Jewelry Holder (Catchall) Directions
What You’ll Need:
- (2) Mini TerraCotta pots – the 2 inch size
- (1) TerraCotta saucer – the 4-inch size
- (1) TerraCotta saucer – the 6-inch size
- Craft Paints
- Foam Brushes
- Craft Adhesive – (Aleene’s Ultimate or E6000 will work)
1. Use foam brushes to paint terracotta pots and saucers with desired craft paint colors and allow to dry completely.
2. Use craft adhesive to glue the bottom of mini terracotta pot #1 to the center of the 6-inch size saucer.
3. Apply craft adhesive to the top rim of the mini terracotta pot #1 and set the 4-inch size saucer on top of it. *Center the saucer on top of the pot.
4. Apply craft adhesive to the bottom of terracotta pot #2 and glue it, centered, to the 4-inch size saucer. Allow glue to dry completely according to package directions (24 hours) before using.
This DIY Jewelry Catchall is so quick and easy to make. It takes about 15 minutes, not counting the paint/glue dry time. Craft paint dries quickly on the terracotta clay pots and saucers. My paint was dry in about half an hour.
A terracotta pot and saucer jewelry holder could be a great gift idea for gardeners. They could use something like this on their potting table to hold their jewelry while they worked in the garden.
Are you looking for painted terracotta pots ideas? Don’t miss my Thumbprint Painted Flower Pots (it’s a cute craft to make with children!) and Sunflowers and Bumblebees painted pots.
Lorelai @ Life With Lorelai says
What a simple DIY idea. And you could paint them to go with your decor — cute! Thanks for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty 🙂
Life With Lorelai
This is such a fun DIY Nicole! I need to make one for my daughter! Thanks for the ideas from the #HomeMattersParty
Emily @DomesticDeadline.com says
So cute! I bet my girls would like something like this in their rooms in their colors! #HomeMattersParty
Hi Emily, I bet the jewelry holder would be easy and fun for the girls to make and it look cute in their favorite colors. Thank you for stopping by!
Donna @ Modern on Monticello says
I would have never thought to use pots for a jewelry holder but this project is fabulous! I like the bright colors too. #HomeMattersParty
Thank you for the nice comments! I was in a cheery mood the day I made this, LOL. Hence the super bright color mix. I love how it turned out. 🙂
You know I love organizing projects and this jewelry holder is so fun and useful. Congrats, you’re featured this week at the This Is How We Roll Link Party.
Thank you so much for the feature, Susan. I am so honored to be selected! I will definitely be stopping by to check out this week’s party. See you soon! –Nicole
I need something like this for the clutter on my vanity. Terra-cotta is a great idea. Three tiered cupcake stands are EXPENSIVE even used on eBay. I would put the bottom pot upside down and the top one right side up. A more interesting design to me. I’m an artist.