Himalayan pink salt soap craft is perfect for beginners. See how to use melt and pour soap base to make shea butter pink salt soap.
Melt and pour soap bases are perfect for beginning soap makers. For this recipe, I used a shea butter melt and pour soap base. It is naturally unscented, but it is easy to add soap fragrance oils to make scented soaps.
Check out more of my favorite DIY beauty and spa recipes:
Easy 3-ingredient Lotion Bars made with coconut oil, cocoa butter, and beeswax.
Strawberry Bath Bombs made with real strawberries for natural pink colors!
Vegan Mango Butter Lotion Bars makes the most lux lotion bar EVER.
Adding scent oils to melt and pour soap.
With soap fragrance oils, the scent possibilities are endless! Or, leave the soap natural and unscented. Either way, you will love using this spa-like PINK SOAP SALT.
This melt and pour soap recipe adds another simple ingredient: Pink Himalayan salt. Pink salts come in different grain sizes. This recipe uses both Fine grain and Coarse grain salts.
Add pink salts to salt soap and baths for benefits which include: muscle relaxation, gentle skin exfoliation and skin softening properties.
Pink Himalayan salt also adds beautiful pink colors to your soap. Different sizes of salt grains create a variety of unique soaps for gift giving, personal use, or selling.
Add Fine grain pink salt to soaps for gentle exfoliation.
Coarse grain pink salt decorates the outer layer of the soap. If used in a bath, the coarse grains will easily dissolve in warm water. Pink salt baths are very relaxing and good for skin.
Soap crafts to gift, make and sell.
In addition to making great homemade gifts, salt soap can be easy crafts to make and sell. Melt and pour soap base is simple to learn how to use and creates beautiful soaps with the addition of Himalayan Pink Salt.
Start your own soap making business with minimal supplies. Melt and pour soap base, a silicone soap mold, and a microwave- that’s the basics.
Himalayan Pink Salt Soap Craft Materials Needed:
Read on for directions how to use pink salts in a variety of ways to make unique shea butter soaps. Create exfoliating soap scrub bars and nourishing shea butter soap with pink salts.
- Shea Butter Melt and Pour Soap Base (2 pounds)
- Pink Himalayan Salts - Extra Fine Grain - 2 Tablespoons per every 1/4 pound of soap base
- Pink Himalayan Salts - Coarse Grain - Use as needed for decorating the outside of each soap
- Silicone Soap Mold in desired soap shape
- Microwave safe glass measuring cup with spout & Stirring spoon
- Optional: Skin safe soap fragrance oil (1 teaspoon per 1/4 pound of soap base)
1. Melt the melt and pour soap base in 1/4 pound batches. Place soap base in microwave safe glass cup with spout and melt in the microwave according to soap base package directions.
For example, the shea butter melt and pour base I used directed me to melt the soap base for one minute in the microwave, then stir, then microwave for additional 15 second intervals as needed, stirring in between each interval until no lumps remain.
2. Once the soap base is melted to liquid form, stir in 2 Tablespoons of FINE GRAIN Pink Salts. Working quickly, you need to carefully pour the liquid soap base mixture into the soap molds because it will cool and begin the hardening process. Carefully pour the liquid soap to fill the silicone mold cavities.
IF YOU WANT TO ADD SOAP FRAGRANCE OILS, STIR THEM IN WHEN YOU STIR IN THE SALTS.
3. Once the soap has been poured into molds, it will cool quickly. Before it has the chance to harden, add COARSE Grain Pink Salt Crystals to decorate the top by gently pressing grains into the top of the soaps as desired.
ALTERNATE METHOD TO ADD COARSE GRAIN SALT TO TOP OF SOAP BARS: This method worked well for me. Instead of adding salt crystals to the top of the soap after pouring, put COARSE GRAIN Pink Salts into the silicone mold cups BEFORE pouring the melted soap base into the molds. Once the soap is removed from the mold, the top of the bar will have coarse pink grains embedded in it. *Use the same method to add a layer of FINE GRAIN SALT to the top of soap bars.
4. Allow soap to cool completely (1 to2 hours) before removing from silicone soap molds. Soap is ready to use!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Another great way to use Pink Salts for an at home spa treatment is to make this Himalayan Pink Salt Scrub. Both the soap and the salt scrub are popular craft ideas to make and sell.
Let me know if you have any questions about how to make Pink Salt Soap. Be sure to comment below if you make it. I would love to know how your soap making goes!