I love to get ready for our Big Game party every year! If you’re like me, you are looking for football food recipes to make for your guests. Look no further. I have the perfect thing for you right here.
Everyone will love this SNICKERS® Peanut Butter Ball. It’s easy to make it into a football shape! At my house, we especially love to eat this peanut butter ball dip with apple slices.
The combination of SNICKERS with peanut butter and cool, crisp apples is delicious and refreshing.
The best moment was when my husband first saw it and said, “Wow! That looks great!” A compliment from him means a lot to me because I know he wouldn’t say it if it wasn’t true.
How to make a SNICKERS Peanut Butter Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (not the all-natural kind)
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 12 Mini SNICKERS bars, chopped
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Cake Icing (White)
1. BEAT cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and brown sugar in a mixing bowl until completely blended. Stir in chopped SNICKERS. Transfer mixture onto a piece of wax paper. Shape into a football.
Tip: The SNICKERS bars are easier to chop if they are frozen.
2. FREEZE peanut butter ball for at least an hour (or until firm enough to keep its shape). Cover the outside with a layer of chocolate sprinkles. You may need to press the sprinkles into the ball so they will stay in place.
3. DECORATE the football with white cake icing piped onto the ball to look like stripes and laces. Carefully move the ball to the serving plate.
4. COVER and FREEZE for 2 hours or until ready to serve. The ball will need to thaw for about 30 minutes prior to serving.
Tip: You can make a SNICKERS Peanut Butter Ball ahead of time and freeze it until you are ready to serve on the Big Game Day. It only takes it about a half hour to thaw.
Serve with sliced apples and/or graham cracker stickers, pretzels…or simply eat it with a spoon (I love to eat this even all by itself!)
Tip: Prevent apples from turning brown by soaking slices in a bowl of lemon water for 5 minutes. Mix 1 tablespoon of lemon juice per 1 cup of water. Remove from the water and pat dry before serving.
I’ve shared my my game day recipe with you! I’d love to hear what you plan on making for the Big Game! Please leave a comment below.