My kids love to spend the summer days playing outside. Our yard has become one of the popular hangouts for the younger kids. On the hottest days, we fill up our little splash pool and turn on the sprinklers so the kids can have fun and keep cool in the water.
All that running and playing makes the kids want a snack. I like to give out popsicles for a couple reasons. First, it keeps the dripping wet kids outside (I have a no popsicles in the house rule). Second, I like to make big batches of homemade pops so I have wholesome treats for summer snacking.
Everyone loves yogurt, and frozen yogurt pops are as simple as spooning yogurt into a cup to freeze. Yoplait® has a ton of flavor varieties that make delicious pairings. My latest yogurt popsicles put together Yoplait Whips Chocolate Mousse and Original Very Cherry. They are delicious snacks for kids and grown-ups.
Chocolate-Covered Cherry Yogurt Popsicle Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 1 (6 ounce) container Yoplait Whips Chocolate Mousse yogurt
- 1 (6 ounce) container Yoplait Original Very Cherry yogurt
- 2 paper cups (5 ounce size)
- 2 Wooden popsicle sticks
- Aluminum Foil
How to Make Homemade Popsicles with Yogurt:
1. Spoon half of the Yoplait Whips Chocolate Mousse into a paper cup. Spoon the other half into the second paper cup.
2. Spoon half of the Yoplait Original Very Cherry on top of the Chocolate Mousse layer in each cup.
3. Use a piece of aluminum foil to make a lid cover for each cup. Push a wooden popsicle stick through the foil and into the yogurt.
4. Freeze for 4-6 hours or until frozen. To Serve: Remove the foil and peel off the paper cup.
Everyone loves these frozen yogurt pops. I love to come up with fun flavor combinations. Yoplait is available at Walmart in Original, Light, Greek, Whips and GoGurt®. Which Yoplait yogurt flavors would you put together in a popsicle? Visit Yoplait on Facebook for more recipe ideas and inspiration.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Yoplait®. The opinions and text are all mine.