My mason jar Pinterest board has been around for awhile. I love seeing all the different ways people use jars for home decor and crafts. They aren’t just for canning anymore!
Although, I did use a few jars a few weeks ago to can the best raspberry jam I have ever made. You really can’t go wrong when you have perfectly sun-sweetened raspberries and sugar. The kids and I went berry-picking in my neighbor’s berry patch. Berry-picking is such a fun thing to do – I highly recommend going if you get the chance.
I picked up the most adorable quilted mini mason jars at the store. Glitter jars are so simple to make, but turn out beautifully. I love to set my glitter mason jars with LED candles inside on our patio table. At night, the LED candles have a soft glow that creates a warm atmosphere. They look nice all by themselves or in small groups for a centerpiece.
Glitter mason jar candles are a budget-friendly way to decorate for parties and weddings. I promise you don’t need any major crafting skills to make these glitter mason jars. So grab a foam brush and your Modge Podge, and get ready to become the glitter fairy!
How to Make Glitter Mason Jars with LED Candles
- Mini mason jars (4 oz size)
- Gold glitter
- Modge Podge
- Foam brush
- LED Tealight Candles (one per jar)
- Jute Twine
- optional: Double Sided Tape (to hold the LED candle in place)
1. Use a foam brush to apply a thin layer of Modge Podge to the inside of a mason jar. The Modge Podge should dry clear, just be sure not to put a too thick layer on.
2. Immediately sprinkle glitter on top of the Modge Podge. Try to get a thin layer of glitter coverage on the sides and top of the jar. Tip: Put the jar lid on tightly, and shake to get glitter to evenly coat the inside of the jar. Remove the lid. Allow Modge Podge to dry completely (15-20 minutes).
Optional Step: Use a piece of double-sided tape to secure an LED tealight candle to the center of the lid. Make sure it is the inner side of the lid. The double-sided tape will hold the candle in place, and allow you to detach the LED candle to turn it on and off as needed.
3. Set an LED tealight candle on the inside of the jar’s lid. Set the jar in place on top of the lid and twist it on, just like you would normally close a canning jar – except upside down.
4. Use the Jute twine to tie a basic bow around the jar.
Enjoy your Mason Jar Masterpiece!
Have you ever made any mason jar decorations? What are some creative ways you use mason jars? Let us know in the comments below.