This DIY Halloween wreath idea is a fun way to decorate your door for Trick or Treaters. All it takes is a grapevine wreath spray painted black and black glitter spiders attached with hot glue. Check out my creeptastic tutorial below for step-by-step directions.
[Tweet “Check out this #DIY #Halloween Wreath Idea by @momfindsout!”]
DIY Halloween Wreath Ideas | Black Spider Wreath
Level: Beginner Time Project Time: 15 minutes (plus spray paint drying time)
Materials and Tools Needed:
- Grapevine Wreath (I used a size 14-inch wreath)
- Black Spray Paint
- Black Glitter Spiders (as many as needed to cover wreath – I used 24 spiders)
- Hot Glue Gun
- Ribbon (for hanging)
1. Spray paint a grapevine wreath black. Allow paint to dry completely.
2. Use hot glue to attach the spiders to the wreath. I spaced the spiders about an inch apart on the front of the wreath. The spiders aren’t all facing the same way – just stick them wherever you like them, there’s really not a wrong way to place them. Repeat this step until spiders are glued on all the way around the wreath.
3. Hang the wreath with a ribbon. I used a Halloween-themed ribbon with a black spider print, but a plain colored black or orange ribbon would also look great with this wreath. I had one glitter spider left over from this craft, so I glued a piece of white string to it and tied the string to the wreath so the spider hangs down. If you like the wreath without the hanging spider, skip that step.
What are your favorite Halloween crafts? If you enjoy making easy DIY wreaths, check out my artificial boxwood wreath tutorial. For fast Halloween party treats, grab some bakery glazed doughnuts, candy eyes and fake vampire fangs to make doughnuts of doom (these are great to make even at the last-minute!)