Santa’s candy cane sleigh is a fun homemade gift, stocking stuffer, and edible holiday decoration. Easy to make and super cute for Christmas!
Many of the tutorials I have seen use hot glue guns to put candy sleighs together. I set out to see if it could be done using double-sided and clear tape. Spoiler alert! IT CAN BE DONE.
Using tape instead of hot glue makes this holiday craft even easier for beginners, including kids.
How To Make a Candy Cane Sleigh
This quick and easy Christmas craft is perfect for beginners. Kids can do this with a little bit of adult assistance.
Read on for directions for how to use candy and tape to make a candy sleigh complete with holiday gifts and Santa Claus driving!
Sleigh Craft Directions
Note: Please reference photos included in the directions to help make sense of the step-by-step directions.
- 2 candy canes
- 1 Kit Kat (full-size)
- 10 miniature HERSHEYS candy bars
- 1 Santa Claus candy (about 2-3 inches tall)
- 1 mini gift bow
- Double-sided Tape
- Clear Tape
- Use clear tape to attach the candy canes to the under side of the Kit Kat bar. The candy canes are the "sleigh runners."
- Use double sided tape to attach 4 miniature candy bars in a row across the top of the Kit Kat Bar.
- Continue using double sided tape to add a row of 3 mini candy bars on top. Note: You will want the row to be offset so it will stack like a pyramid shape.
- Then, add a row of 2 mini bars. Finally, add one more mini candy bar and stick a mini bow on top. The miniature candy bars are a stack of gifts on Santa's sleigh.
- Use double sided tape to attach Santa to the front of the sleigh. Santa should look like he is driving at the front of the sleigh.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Santa candy sleighs are quick and easy holiday crafts. Change them up a bit by using different kinds of candy. As long as the candy stacks on top of the Kit Kat sleigh, you’re good to go.
If you have any questions about how to make a candy cane Kit Kat sleigh, please feel free to ask in the comments below. I will respond as soon as I can.
Candy sleighs are a fun holiday craft for kids of all ages! If you make and share your craft on social media, I would love to see it!
We have lots of other fun Christmas crafts on our blog! Check out this DIY Advent Calendar.
Clay and cookie cutters are the main things you need for these beautiful farmhouse white clay Christmas Tree ornaments craft.
Need more cute holiday treats to make? Everyone loves Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer brownie bites.