Take an easy sugar cookies recipe. Add red, pink and white M&M milk chocolate candies. Kids and adults alike love these soft sugar cookies for Valentine’s Day.
I really like this sugar cookie recipe. The cookies turn out soft and chewy. I use a cookie scoop so that all the cookies turn out to be the same size and shape. It’s also helpful to refrigerate the dough for at least 15 minutes before baking. This recipe can make about 4 dozen cookies, so I bake a few cookies for us to eat and freeze the rest for another day. Or, I’ll store the uncooked dough in the refrigerator to bake fresh cookies later in the week.
Sugar Cookies with M&Ms Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups M&Ms milk chocolate candies
1. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray or line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat. Mix sugar, eggs, shortening, and vanilla thoroughly in a large mixing bowl. Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl and mix.
2. Add dry mixed ingredients cup by cup to the wet ingredients mixture. Use a mixer to stir it up thoroughly.
3. Use a spoon to fold in 1 cup of M&M candies. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 15 minutes before baking.
4. Drop dough by tablespoons onto the prepared cookie sheet. Gently press a few of the remaining M&Ms candies to the top and sides of each dough ball.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 9-12 minutes, or until done. Baking times can vary by oven. Remove from oven and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Sugar cookies with M&Ms are easy to make for school functions, parties and bake sales. They are a classic kind of cookie that everyone likes to eat. Change up the colors to fit the holiday or use the regular colored M&Ms for everyday treats.
You may want to check out these other M&M recipes:
Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with M&Ms
Captain America Shield Big Cookie Cake
Simple, easy and adorable. My kids would love to help make those!
Thanks – yes, this is a good one for the kids to help out on. I think for every M&M you see in a cookie, about 3 got eaten by the kids. LOL
Anna Kelough says
These look soooooo good! My daughter would love these!
OMG, these look amazing! Can’t wait to try these. #HomeMattersParty
Thank you, Emily! Enjoy. 🙂
If I was going to have one cookie it’s hands down the sugar cookie. LOVE EM #homemattersparty
These look yum! The addition of M&M makes it extra special. #HomeMattersParty.
Thank you, Sahana! I totally agree, M&Ms do make everything extra special. 🙂
Michelle James says
Thank you for sharing at #homemattersparty Pinned & tweeted!
Thanks for the comment and shares, Michelle!
Great little recipe for Valentines I just went today and bought a bag of Valentines coloured Smarties to put in an apothecary jar. Tossing some of them into your cookie recipe would be really cute.
Thank you for sharing at the #HomeMattersParty
I really love your page. Always sharing something wonderful. These are some of my favorite cookies! Thanks for sharing. #HomeMattersParty ?
Thank you, Marisa, for such a nice comment and compliment! That makes my day. 🙂