Help your child create one of these easy to make Christmas ornaments: a Wish List Spool. I think this could be a fun annual tradition. My kids love to decorate our tree with crafts they have made. It will be fun to remember Christmas Wish Lists past with the help of these cute spools.
Materials Needed For This Project:
- Acrylic paint and brush
- Wooden thread spool
- Paper strip, cut to fit the width of the spool
- Double-sided tape
- Self-sticking label
How to make it:
- Paint the spool and let it dry.
- Have your child write her Christmas list on the strip of paper.
- Roll the paper around the empty spool, using double-sided tape to fasten it, and leave some of the list hanging down (so Santa notices).
- Thread the ribbon through the spool’s center and tie a knot at the top for hanging. Write your child’s name on the self-sticking label. Affix it to the ribbon.
Like this idea? Find more easy to make Christmas ornament craft ideas online at Spoonful.com.