Easy lotion bar recipe with beeswax, coconut oil, and shea butter. Perfect recipe for beginners to try. How to make a solid moisturizer bar.
How to make solid lotion bars made with equal amounts of coconut oil, shea butter, and beeswax. Add a little Vitamin E oil for an extra burst of moisture!
This basic recipe makes unscented lotion bars with the option to add your favorite fragrance oil or essential oils.
Homemade lotion bars make great gift ideas. I travel with my lotion bar because it is so much easier than carrying around a big bottle of lotion!
Beeswax pellets melt easily into this beewax lotion bar recipe. Pour into these super cute Honeycomb molds for a finished product that is ready to gift or sell at a craft fair.
The lotion bar recipe as created below will make about five 3.5 to 4 ounce solid bars. Of course, you can use silicone molds in other shapes and sizes to make lotion bars.
Solid lotion bars look like a bar of soap, but they are actually made out of lotion ingredients. They will stay solid as long as they are kept at room temperature or cooler.
LOTION BARS AND DIY BATH FIZZY RECIPES
Check out more of my favorite DIY beauty and spa recipes:
Vegan Lotion Bars made with Candelilla Wax, Almond Oil, and Mango Butter.
Strawberry Bath Bombs made with real strawberries for natural pink colors!
Himalayan Pink Salt Soap is the perfect recipe for beginners to make gorgeous soaps.
Lemon Vanilla Bath Fizzies made with real lemon peel for natural color and scent!
- 1 cup Coconut Oil (solid)
- 1 cup Shea Butter (Raw, Unrefined, Solid)
- 1 cup White Beeswax Pellets
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E Oil
- Melt coconut oil and beeswax in double boiler for about 10 minutes on medium low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add shea butter and continue melting another 10 minutes or until all ingredients are completely melted and clear.
- Add Vitamin E oil and stir to mix completely. Remove from heat.
- Optional: Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of skin-safe Fragrance Oils (or essential oils.)
- Pour melted ingredients into silicone mold cups, being careful not to overfill the cups.
- Allow lotion bars to cool completely. The bars will harden and turn opaque in color. Leave in silicone molds for several hours or overnight in silicone molds before removing. Solid lotion bars are ready to use once they are out of the mold.
Store solid lotion bars in a cool place away from sunlight. Lotion bars will begin to liquify when they come in contact with heat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sakolla 2 Pack Molds for Honeycomb Lotion Bars
Silicone Soap Molds Set of 3, 6 Cavities DIY
Howemon White Beeswax Pellets 2LB 100% Pure and Natural Triple Filtered for Skin, Face, Body and Hair Care DIY Creams, Lotions, Lip Balm and Soap Making Supplies
Vitamin E Oil
Better Shea Butter Raw Shea Butter | African, Unrefined, 100% Pure 8 oz block
Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil for Healthy Skin & Hair
HOW TO USE SOLID LOTION
Lotion bars are activated by body heat. To use a lotion bar, it will take a few seconds for it to warm up next to your skin. Once warm, the lotion bar will begin to melt. Gently glide the lotion bar across skin to apply lotion.
Looking for a vegan lotion bar recipe without beeswax? Click over to my Mango Butter Bar recipe and directions.