You know how much I love fast and easy dinner recipes. My family really likes to eat meatloaf, but it can take an hour or more to bake. I found out that I can cut baking time in half by making mini meatloafs using my muffin tins. That last sentence has lots of M’s in it! Mmmm…probably because that’s what your family is going to say when they eat these Veggie Meatloaf Muffins.
Did you know that you can substitute oats (uncooked) for bread crumbs in a meatloaf recipe? Yes, you can! And that’s the way I like to do it because oats help boost nutrition. Something else I like to do is add mixed vegetables to the meatloaf.
I love finding ways to get my kids to eat more vegetables – and veggie meatloaf muffins have them baked right in. My kids also love when I put ketchup on top.
Mixed Vegetable Meatloaf Muffins Recipe
makes about 18 muffins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup Quaker Old-Fashioned or Fast Cooking Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 10 oz. frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper (optional)
- Optional: More ketchup for the topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine ground beef, oats, ketchup, mixed vegetables, salt, pepper and egg in a medium sized bowl and mix well. I use my stand mixer to make the job even easier.
- Press meatloaf mixture into muffin cups until filled.
- Bake meatloaf muffins for 30 minutes or until meat is done in the center.
- ***Optional Ketchup Topping Directions: After the meatloaf muffins have baked for 20 minutes, take them out of the oven and top with a squirt of ketchup. Return to the oven and bake an additional 10 minutes or until meat is done in the center.