Handprint Turkey Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Let your kids personalize a pumpkin pie with a handprint pie dough turkey.
This Thanksgiving activity for kids is fun. Use the pie dough handprint turkey to decorate practically any kind of pie!
A pie crust turkey is a cute topper for Thanksgiving dessert. Follow the directions below for an easy Pumpkin Pie recipe with the handprint turkey on top.
How to make a Pie Crust Handprint Turkey Pie Topper Ingredients:
- 1 15-oz. pkg. refrigerated piecrust
- 1 16-oz. can packed pumpkin
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. apple pie spice
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees, then begin making the turkey handprint for the pie. Trace your child’s handprint on a piece of lightweight cardboard, then cut it out to create a stencil. Place the stencil over one of the circles of pie dough and cut around it, adding turkey feet to the bottom of the hand.
- Place the cutout on a nonstick baking sheet. Brush with water and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Next, place the remaining circle of pie dough in a 9-inch glass pie pan. Press the crust firmly against the sides and bottom of the pan. Crimp the edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and apple pie spice. Mix until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips, if desired.
- Pour the mixture into the piecrust and bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean (except for melted chocolate).
- Place the baked turkey cutout in the center of the pie and allow the pie to cool before serving. Makes one 9-inch pie.
What is your favorite kind of pie to serve at Thanksgiving?
Need more fun ideas for Thanksgiving food? Check out our veggie turkey tray! Visit the blog post for Turkey Veggie Tray recipe and directions.
We also love to make OREO cookie Turkeys at the kids table for Thanksgiving. Check out the directions at our blog post How To Make OREO Turkeys.