A favorite spaghetti recipe is probably one of your busy weeknight go-to dinner ideas. I know it is one of mine because of how fast and easy it is to make.
Boil the spaghetti noodles, warm up some marinara sauce, toss it together and serve. Everyone likes spaghetti!
If you have a little bit of extra time, go one step further to make spaghetti and meatball muffins.
Bake the spaghetti into muffin tin “nests” for pre-cooked meatballs.
Keep frozen meatballs on hand for meals like this one when you’re short on time. Homemade meatballs work deliciously, too!
Spaghetti and meatball muffins are just the right size for kids. These are also fun to serve as party appetizers and game day snacks.
Muffin Tin Recipes: How to Make Spaghetti and Meatball Muffins
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1.5 T olive oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 cups Spaghetti Sauce
- 12 Meatballs (Fully Cooked)
- Optional: Grated Parmesan Cheese Topping
1. Bake meatballs according to package directions and set aside (keep warm). Keep oven preheated to 375 degrees. Grease or spray a 12-cup regular size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. While meatballs are baking, cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss in a bowl with olive oil; Allow to cool for about 5 minutes. *You want the noodles to be cool enough for you to touch without getting burned.
3. Toss the cooled spaghetti noodles with 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, 3 tablespoons of spaghetti sauce and egg. Evenly divide spaghetti between the 12 muffin cups, pressing noodles in each cup to create a small indention in the middle. The indentions will be “nests” for the meatballs. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven. Meanwhile, warm the remaining spaghetti sauce in a saucepan on medium low heat.
4. Top each spaghetti noodle “nest” with 1 tablespoon warm spaghetti sauce, add a meatball, and top with 1 more tablespoon spaghetti sauce. Carefully take each spaghetti and meatball muffin out of its cup and serve.
Optional: Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top before serving.
Serving suggestions: Serve with a tossed green salad and breadsticks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Suggestions: My family likes to sprinkle our spaghetti muffins with McCormick Salad Supreme or grated Parmesan cheese.
I like to serve spaghetti meals with a tossed green salad and breadsticks.
Keep a small bowl of warm spaghetti sauce ready for anyone who wants additional sauce on top of their spaghetti and meatball muffins.
Cheese lovers! If you want your muffins super cheesy, add more cheese when you toss the spaghetti noodles in step 3 (before you bake.)
Are you a fan of spaghetti recipes? What’s your favorite side dish to serve with spaghetti?
Let me know if you make these spaghetti and meatball muffins.
Check out one of our most popular recipes! Loaded baked potato casserole recipe is a favorite side dish for holiday dinners and family potlucks.
Loaded baked potato casserole is truly a delicious comfort food. Made with real cheese, real potatoes and real bacon, it’s the ultimate family favorite side dish.
Serve with main dishes like spiral ham, steak, pork chops, grilled chicken, and more. This baked potato casserole plays well with just about everything!