Arroz con Pollo (Rice and Chicken)
Recipe by celebrity Chef George Duran
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sesame seed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. mild chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 2 tsp. salt
- 6 chicken thighs, skin removed
- 1/2 C. flour
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 red pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 C. rice, uncooked
- 2 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 C. chicken stock
- Curly parsley, finely chopped, for garnish
- Mix first 6 ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Dust chicken thighs with flour and season with salt and pepper. Heat vegetable oil in Non-Stick Caldero on medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned, about 3-5 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Lower heat to medium and cook bacon until slightly browned. Add onions, red peppers and garlic and sauté until softened, about 3 minutes. Add rice, tomato paste, chocolate and dry spices and mix. Add chicken stock and mix again. Allow to come to a simmer, cover and turn heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes.
- Uncover, and gently mix rice and add chicken thighs on top. Cover and continue simmering for 20-25 more minutes until thighs and rice are cooked. If needed, add more stock or water until rice is done.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving with finely chopped parsley.