I can’t imagine an Easter basket without Easter PEEPS. Colorful marshmallow chicks and bunnies are part of our family tradition! Our friends at PEEPS sent us a variety of products, from the classic marshmallow PEEPS to the new PEEPS Delights. We are excited to tell you about them, plus share our sweet PEEPS on a stick edible craft.
Yummy Candy Coated Sparkle PEEPS on a Stick.
We dipped bunny marshmallow PEEPS into candy coating, then added sparkly sugar sprinkles. These adorable Easter treats on a stick are a fun way we can share our PEEPS tradition with our friends.
Have you noticed how PEEPS comes out with exciting new flavors every Easter? This year is probably my favorite new PEEPS line yet, called PEEPS Delights. These are the most decadent PEEPS yet.
PEEPS Delights marshmallow chicks are dipped in chocolate or fudge, and come in delicious flavors including Coconut and Blueberry (dipped in dark chocolate.) My pick is for the Coconut PEEPS Chicks in Dark Chocolate. These are so good, I hid my pack from the kids so I could have them all to myself!
Don’t worry, my kids are not PEEP-deprived. They got to try cool flavors like PEEPS Fruit Punch, Party Cake and Blue Raspberry. Any of these flavors are perfect for filling Easter baskets.
[Tweet “Easter Treats To Make: Sparkly PEEPS on a Stick #PEEPSONALITY at @momfindsout”]
My kids had a lot of fun helping me make Easter treats with our classic PEEPS marshmallows. We used the pink, lavender, blue and yellow bunnies because I was easily able to find matching candy melts and sparkly sugar sprinkles for each of those colors.
How To Make Sparkle PEEPS on a Stick
- Classic Marshmallow PEEPS Bunnies
- Candy Melts (in a color to match your PEEPS)
- Sugar Sprinkles (in a color to match your PEEPS)
- Paper Straws (in a color to match your PEEPS)
- Wax Paper
- optional packaging idea: Clear cake pop bags, ribbon (in a color to match your PEEPS)
- Carefully break apart your marshmallow PEEPS bunny. Melt about 1/2 cup of candy melts in the microwave according to package directions (about 1 minute until melted completely smooth when stirred.)
- Dip a PEEPS bunny into the candy melts to cover the bottom half on the front and back.
- Remove the PEEPS bunny from the candy melts and allow the excess melted candy coating to drip off. Insert a paper straw into the bunny from the bottom going up into the bunny about halfway to hold the bunny on the stick.
- Place the PEEPS bunny on a wax paper lined baking sheet or counter, and sprinkle the candy coating with sugar sprinkles before the melted coating hardens. Repeat Steps 2 through 4 for all the PEEPS.
- Once the candy coating has cooled and hardened completely (about 20-30 minutes), put the PEEPS in an airtight storage container OR package them individually by putting the candy-coated PEEPS into a cake pop bag and tying it closed with a ribbon.
For more fun crafts and tasty recipes, visit www.marshmallowpeeps.com and follow the #PEEPSONALITY hashtag on social media.
Have you tried any of the new PEEPS Delights? What are your favorite PEEPS flavors?